Stark Enterprises was founded in 1978 by Robert L Stark when he purchased his first single-story commercial property in Mayfield Heights, Ohio while completing his J.D. at Case Western Reserve University. From this first investment, Stark laid the groundwork for what would become Stark Enterprises, one of the most reputable real-estate development companies spanning over 8 states and constantly growing.
To date, Stark Enterprises has developed over 45 plus commercial and residential properties. As the business continues to mature, the strategic vision has evolved with focus on development of the Community Core – the employment of mixed-use density, intricate place-making and compelling architectural design in the creation of unique pedestrian-focused communities.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS & DEVELOPMENTS
– Developer of Crocker Park in Westlake, Ohio – a one-of-a-kind mixed-use development that vertically integrates retail, residential and office space with dining, entertainment and most importantly community. Located on 75 landscaped acres and encompassing 12 city blocks, Crocker Park features an impressive mixture of national retailers and local boutiques, public spaces, streetscapes, parks, and alleyways as well as a unique mixture of loft-style/urbane apartment units, charming city homes, work/live town homes, and brownstone communities. Newest expansion to the project, Phase III, was completed in 2016 and includes the World Headquarters of American Greetings and additional dining and retail including the newest addition of World Market and buybuyBABY opening in late 2020.
– First developer in Northeast Ohio to introduce the “crossover” from suburban shopping center to lifestyle center with Crocker Park and the adjacent Promenade development.
– Turned ETON Collection in Woodmere from a struggling mini mall into a vibrant mixed-use development considered to be one of the most prestigious shopping districts in the region.
– Shifted the center of regional shopping activity in Canton, Ohio to The Strip, a one million square foot shopping district located off Interstate 77.
– Developed and constructed Cleveland’s first residential high rise at 515 Euclid Avenue in over 40 years, The Beacon. Opened November 2019, the project exemplifies new development in Cleveland, and a commemoration to Cleveland’s current renaissance in downtown.
– Initiated and created the modern form of student housing in college campuses with Liv+, a dynamic, live/learn environment for students to thrive in their collegiate studies and beyond.
Our Team | Core Values | Community Core | History | Vision | Awards | Affiliated Organizations | Careers